Updated: July 19, 2021
WCVH’s top priority is the safety of our team, clients, and their pets. Please know we are doing everything we can to ensure we can continue to serve the community by providing veterinary care. The following changes have been made to our client protocol today based on the recommendations from the CDC, WHO, and AVMA. These protocols will be in place until recommendations from those organizations are lifted.
**NOTE – If pet owners refuse to follow these new protocols, they will be asked to reschedule for when the guidelines are no longer in place.
As always, we strive to offer top quality service for our clients and patients while minimizing risk for all parties. We will continue to monitor the situation and communicate any changes.
- In order to protect the safety of our team, our doctors and other clients, we request all clients showing signs of illness that can be associated with COVID-19 remain at home and not bring their pet to the clinic.
- We are asking pet owners not to enter the building unless instructed by a team member, in order to minimize contact. Drop off appointments may be available if space permits.
- Prior to your pet’s appointment, please visit our website to complete exam paperwork at https://walnutcreekvethospital.com/new-client-form/. We request all clients, (New and Recheck), complete this form as there are new questions to obtain information needed to adhere to our adjusted workflow.
- When clients arrive for their appointment, they should contact our office to alert our team they have arrived and what type of vehicle they are in. They are to remain in their vehicle until checked in and a technician has advised that a room is available.
- If clients wish to remain curbside, we ask that they remain on-site in their vehicle during their pet’s appointment and keep their cell phone on loud so that they are immediately available should we have any questions. This also allows us to return their pet as quickly as possible to reduce the pet’s stress.
- If any additional information or diagnostics are needed a team member or doctor will contact the client via phone.
- Once the pet has been fully evaluated, the doctor or technician will contact the client – via phone – to go over their findings, recommendations, and answer any questions they may have.
- We ask our clients to please use credit cards vs other payment types (cash or check) at this time. Payment will be completed via phone if possible.
- Please call ahead for prescription refills. Prescriptions will be walked out the client’s vehicle by a staff member. Clients may also utilize our online pharmacy MyVetStoreOnline.com for prescription refills. Clients do not need to provide them with a script and the medication will be shipped directly to their home.
Thank you for your patience and understanding and please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
-The staff at Walnut Creek Veterinary Hospital
Adapted from CVCA Cardiac Care for Pets
Leave A Comment